Web Development

help , suggestions , paas , wpf , xaml , development Canada
  • 12 years ago
    I'm researching SaaS and PaaS and I'd like to hear some feedback of the experiences you've had with these concepts. Currently, I'm torn between a few PaaS providers and I'd really like to try out some of the platforms built on WPF/XAML, anyone have any suggestions or advice? Thanks in advice
  • 12 years ago
    Hey - again, a little confused here (my usual state of mind!). Are you sure you don't mean WCF and/or Astoria (now .NET Data Services) ? WCF offers a unified communication model - across web services, REST, and a bunch of others.... Astoria provides a simple RESTful data storage mechanism. WPF is purely a desktop application presentation mechanism - though Silverlight uses a subset of this on the web. Hope this helps
  • 12 years ago
    I guess I just didn't explain it properly, I have researched a lot of different PaaS providers, but the ones that have caught my eye are the ones built on Windows Presentation Foundation and XAML, I know the knock on WPF is that its slow in response time and most systems can't run it because they can't keep up with it, but I've read a lot about www.perfectmind.com That seems to be a Platform as a Service that can break through the barriers of WPF, maybe I'm reading the information on the site wrong, can anyone see what they can gather from the info?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The greatest performance improvement of all is when a system goes from not-working to working.” - John Ousterhout