MAC Address in ASP.NET browser

.net , asp.net , vb.net , browser Cardiff, United Kingdom
  • 12 years ago
    Dear IT Gurus, I am having a number of browsers (IE, Mozailla etc) connecting to a server. What i would like to have is some sort of unique way of identifying the machines from which the users are connecting (not the browser identification but machine identification). The server has a list of mac_addresses to look for when a browser connects for authentication purposes. Does someone know how can a browser get the local mac_address of its machine? Please help. CHeers
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, You aren't allowed to my knowledge, to get that information from a machine as it provides a way of uniquely identifying someone. Probably the closest you will get is some WScript or an active x dll that does it and sends it back to the server for checking. Si

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.” - Edsger Dijkstra