Windows Vista slow

windows , vista , slow Venice, Italy
  • 9 years ago
    Hi all, I had to buy a new laptop because in the old one the Lcd screen get broken. I use it for work so I have bought a very good one, with large screen and high performances, but there is Windows Vista installed (In the old one there was xp). The problem is that if I run the same macro in both the pc the new one is 9 time more slow than the old one: the old pc took 10 second and the new one 90. I have tried with program for benchmark calculation and the new pc has been very fast. I have only got problem with the macro but it simply orders a list with 9000 rows and 8 columns. I have reinstalled office and the sp1 but nothing. The problem is that this excel file will grow up but I can't downgrade to xp for driver and warranty problem. Does anyone know why vista is so slow using the macro and how can I fix it? Thank you very much __________________ You have never see [url=]gift ideas[/url] like these? ([url=]idee regalo[/url] on italian)

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Owning a computer without programming is like having a kitchen and using only the microwave oven” - Charles Petzold