Problem with Culture

culture , uiculture , globalization , multilanguage website Toronto, Canada
  • 12 years ago
    hi, I am trying to create a multi language web application. I have set the culture="pa-IN" and the uiCulture="pa-IN". Now I have typed some text in simple html tags(

) and I have placed a calender control on the wep page. When I run the application, I am able to see the calender control contents(month & days name) changing to the culture selected, but the normal html contents didn't change, they are visible in english. What can I do in this case? Regards, Royal

• 12 years ago
    use resource file . for more details seerch rresource file for localozation
  • 12 years ago
    hi Gautam, I had posted this preoblem only after doing some search on this issue. In every search, people explained about localization in respect to controls whereas I was looking for some pure plain text(text in a paragraph) conversion from english to an Indian language. If I use resource file than I think I will be displaying this text on some control then I'll have to write its local language version in resource file. But suppose I have 30 pages in my application and all the pages carry 1000 or more words on each page. So do I have to write everything in my resource file? And Gautam, if you are having forums in your application then how can you handle that through resource files? Regards, Royal
  • 12 years ago
    Hi royal ludhiana , It is only way to impplement localization. NO other way i found . --- Santosh Gautam

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'” - Isaac Asimov