phone connected to a computer through usb port.

windows xp , gsm , sms Kampala, Uganda
  • 12 years ago
    hello, how can i make a computer read an sms message automatically from a mobile phone attached to it through its usb port and execute it? i intend to send instructions through sms to a mobile phone attached to a computer and make the computer read the sms in the mobile phone and just execute it automatically, for example to shut down that computer? can anybody advise me on how to write code for this or send me some sample code? (my mail, yonahokoth (at) hotmail.com thanks in advance.
  • 11 years ago

You can use a GSM modem for this purpose, than having a phone. This allows better programmability. You need to have a SIM in the GSM Modem.

What you have to do is, to write a Background Service program on your computer to poll the GSM modem for messages, and take actions upon any message received.

www.consultsarath.info

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.” - Robert Sewell