Changing Project Build Configuration to Debug mode

DLL , Visual Studio 2008 , AutoCAD Calgary, Canada
  • 11 years ago

From my DLL project I have succeded in making AutoCAD launch by pressing F5 from VB.net IDE (Visual Studio 2008) en route to try to make debugging of the DLL easier ...

... however one last obstacle is currently in the way and the obstacle is that for some reason when I hit F5 and AutoCAD is launched my breakpoints are not recognized at all... and program runs from start to finish instead of allowing me to debug ...

It issues a strange message which says "The following module was built either with optimizations enabled or without debug information... to debug this module, change its project build configuration to Debug mode..." and it is all weird because as far as I know I am not in release mode .. but in debug mode (anyhow I am relatively new to Visual Studio .NET so I am thinking that my impression could be that I am in debug mode when in actuality I maybe in release mode)...

Here is why I think I am debug mode ...

1. From Solution explorer ... when I click on the Solution Name and view its properties ... the Active config property says Debug|Any CPU

2. When I look at the properties of the project and look at the compile tab it says that the Configuration is Active (Debug) and under Platform it says Active (Any CPU).

3. Under the Advanced Compile Options of Compile Tab from project properties ... Enable optimizations is UNchecked ...

Anyhow with all the settings mentioned above it seems that I have everything okay but then the message above proves otherwise ... and so at this point I know that I am still missing something ... like a setting somewhere... wondering what else do you think am I still missing?

As additional info...there are seven projects in the solution and it is the main one (the one that I set as startup project) whose properties I refer to in all the paragraphs above.

Thanks so much for all the kind help you could give....

Gratefully, Matt

• 11 years ago

That's okay ... please consider this question answered ..I got it figured out ...just had to do with file locations ..thx

• 11 years ago

That's okay ... please consider this question answered ..I got it figured out ...just had to do with file locations ..thx

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Linux is only free if your time has no value” - Jamie Zawinski