call external method with version no....

manifest , external , assembly sequence Łódź, Poland
  • 11 years ago

hi! I've got an application with manifest file. There is dependant assembly defined in the manifest file (to xxx.dll in version 1.0.0.10). The xxx.dll (version 10) is register in GAC. The same dll, but in version 1.0.0.6 is put into the application folder. So on the start, the application verify for xxx.dll and there is success. The version 1.0.0.10 is in the GAC. But when the application load an external method from xxx.dll library load dll from the application folder (version 1.0.0.6). Is there any solution to force to load dll with given in manifest version. I don’t want to change anything in code. I can modify manifest, etc. I know 'Assembly Searching Sequence' but I want to force library in correct version loading

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.” - E. W. Dijkstra