ASP.NET read XML data into Gridview

ASP.NET , CRM , XML , Gridview Denver, United States
  • 11 years ago

Hello all. I am new to ASP.NET XML so I am looking for some guidance. I have an XML string that needs to read into an ASP.NET C# Gridview. The XML data actually comes from the CRM SDK crm web service (FetchXML). The XML Elements contain (dots) and attributes which seem to be the issue here. If I do a Replace on the XML and remove the DOT, I still cannot read the entire XML string into Gridview because there is an attribute with that element. (notice the ppl.amount)

Here is the XML output that was generated from FetchXML: Device with Standard Service for Warranty Device with Standard Service for Warranty {245798D8-0660-DE11-8B1F-00237D653ED0} {C9D286D4-AE18-DE11-8153-00237D653ED0} 20 RF Remote RF Remote {BF107F7D-A461-DE11-8B1F-00237D653ED0} {C9D286D4-AE18-DE11-8153-00237D653ED0} 25

I need some code that would read this XML properly into a dataset that I can assign to the Gridview datasource.

Here is the code I am using now: DataSet ds = new DataSet(); result1 = MY XML STRING FROM FETCHXML StringReader rdr; rdr = new StringReader(result1); ds.ReadXml(rdr); GridView1.DataSource = ds.Tables[1]; GridView1.DataBind();

If I don't set AutoGenerateColumns="false" in the Gridview, it does not display the "ppl.amount" element or the ppl.transactioncurrencyid element. I need those two columns to show in the Gridview as well.

Can someone help me get this figured out please??
    Thanks a lot!

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only two kinds of languages: the ones people complain about and the ones nobody uses” - Bjarne Stroustrup