integrating barcode reader in vb 2005

barcode , vb.net , rs232 , keyboard , scanner , reader , pos.net , com , dll , library Philippines
  • 11 years ago

I am a student and I am about to make a program that will use a barcode scanner well ofcourse to scan a barcode. My problem is i don't know what library to use and what certain things i need to do so that when i am going to scan a barcode it'll be something like show it on a textbox and pull something from the database. i've actually research some. i've seen mscomm1 (not so sure about that) and POS for .net (haven't fully understood its use) were those will help me develop my program?

i have a metrologic ms9520 Voyager barcode scanner. and i am going to create a program for it in vb2005.

and somebody has told me that the system sees the scanner as a keyboard. if i am right my scanner use a rs232 port. how can i possibly use the scanner whenever it needs to be use and the data will be inputed in a textbox and after that it'll pull something from the database?

your help will be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of whether submarines can swim.” - Edsger W. Dijkstra