Trying to learn Visual Studio.

Beginner , Learning , Newbie Columbus, United States
  • 11 years ago

Hello, I've been a professionall programmer for more than 20 years now and I am struggling with learning to program in Visual Studio. My background is in Basic and Cobol. I've got a little experience with C and RPG and Assembly, but no real experience in visual programming. I gone to a couple of classes and have learned how to use Visual Studio, but I have real problems with the whole Object Oriented programming. I don't understand what is meant by and Object. Is that different than a Class? How do I know what objects exist and what functions they perform. And is really struggle with the whole dot notation for stuff. And the way MSDN shows how to use a command and the options it has is soooo confusing. Most things have like a half million options and I can never figure out what is requred and what is just a list of options. Has anyone else struggled with learning this and do you have any suggestions on how I can figure this whole thing out?

thanks.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field” - Niels Bohr