Point of Sale system

Csharp , .Net , WCF , POS United States
  • 11 years ago

Hello, I am looking to develop a point of sale system integrated with a stock control system.im yet to start the development i require help on how to kick start the entire development and some sample code if available will be very much appreciated.

the details of the system are as follows: (for the POS i've done something similar but i need expert help to bring the system to commercial standards)

->flow-less over the till data entry(scan the item with bar code scanner and details are entered without need to press enter to allow for new item. same item can be scanned twice a new record should not the entered but the quantity on the initial entry should just be increased to reflect the item)

Stock control system

->easy and simple data entry, manual entry for first time items and then update stock levels for all successive entries by simply scanning the bar code of the item. ->monitor and alert expiry dates of stock ->monitor and alert stock reorder levels ->update stock levels as transactions occur on the point of sale

i wish to use WCF for this project i've a bit of experience with ASP.NET Web services.so any help of any form be it tutorial sites,sample code or advice on how to tackle this is very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“We better hurry up and start coding, there are going to be a lot of bugs to fix.”