Windows Service App

.net , csharp United States
  • 18 years ago

Hi all:

I am logged in as Local Admin on my win 2000 prof box and have created and installed a simple .net C# service( as LocalSystem account). When I try to start the service it hangs on and gives me that standard error, that is, "Error 1053: Service could not be started in a timely fashion".

What all things do u need to take care of or what are the prerequisites for a successful service install and start up?

I even tried creating a basic service thru the project wizard and tried installing and starting it but gave me the same stupid error message!!

Has anyone done a successful written and started a Windows Service? Your all help will be gr8ly apreciated

Thanx..

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I’ll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.” - Jamie Zawinski