VB6 Decompile

.net , vb6 United Kingdom
  • 18 years ago

Out of an act of total absent mindedness,, i acidently deleted a backup folder, only to find i dont have an origonal class.

However, i did use this class in an exe i have compiled, would a vb6 decompiler decompile the exe to all its seperate classes, to that i could get back the origonal ???

and if so, where can i find 1 of these evil yet sumtimes useful pieces of software ?

i know this is lazy, but with all these exams, i realy dont have time to re-write it

thanX to ne1 who can help

• 18 years ago

hehehehe! Thats an original excuse!

Sadly there isnt a 'true' decompiler. James wouldnt like posting these messages on here either. But there is one which will decompile only the form structure of the project not the code.

But fear not. .NET can be decompiled!

• 18 years ago

so for security reasons, would it be better to stay with vb6 for a while?!???

• 18 years ago

lol@rollershade!

yeah sort of... but .NET is decompilable. mainly because of MSIL and thers already a few decompilers out there.

but surely in a few years iRi0N will have wokred out how to decompile the rest of the VB EXE.

I lost some of my work at the start of the year which wasnt backed up(i learnt a lesson there) so I tried looking around so I've made a few contacts. but they all think that there will be one sometime in history.. prolly when you wont need it.

• 18 years ago

I know what u mean,,, I am totaly againsed decompiers. but u know,,,, ahh well,, im skrewed.

• 18 years ago

pats qwijibow on the back Mate... been there done that and well I think it was good I lost all my work(including the most important picture of my girlfriend and my parents documents :mad because if it wasnt for that I would still be working on the slow program i was writiing. Trust me its for the best. I re-wrote my editor from scratch(it was in development still - HH3 not 2001) and now its a zillion times
    better than what it could have been if it wasnt for my HD screwing me.

So try your best at getting it done. Possibly wait til your exams are over.

WHICH REMINDS ME... I FINISHED my mid-year exams 2 Day... ohhh yeah ohh yeah oh yeah.... tung tung tung tung tung dances on the computer desk and drops the monitor on the floor and breaks to a million pieces oooops!

Cheers!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“A computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match” - Bill Bryson