Autocompletion without webservice

VB.NET , Csharpprogramming , asp.net India
  • 10 years ago

Hi experts , I have the below issue which is eating my head..pls help: I am trying to use the autocompletion feature without a webservice.Now,the autocompletion function to get the completion list must be shared as you all know.My autocompletion function is in turn calling another function(say* A) which as per rule must be shared as well.Now A is the one which processess the list and returns it to autocompletion .The list again comes to A* from another class(Say* C). If i declare *Aas shared ,i will have to create an instance of C and get the list, as C* class are not shared. But,,if i create an instance of C,i will not get the required list as C class inherits from 'System.Web.UI.Page' class and it does most of the controller initialization part in the C class - page load method(which will not be invoked if i create an instance of this class), which will be called before any page.Now how do i get the list :( Regards Remya

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.” - Dennis Ritchie