How to make a layout of articles like this site

asp.net United States
  • 18 years ago

hi:

I found this site's articles can split into several pages and each page has own
    title on the right content container. And when you chosed one page(title) it can hightlight the content's title .Please tell me how can I do it .

thank you very much!!  

Finally,your editor of post new message is very usefull,like "code pre ul ol   quote....."  can you tell me how to do it,please!!!

• 18 years ago

Kevien; this site is driven by a MS SQL database, so all the page's content are stored there. So, we just use a basic asp.net control to automatically retreive the contents from the database, and remove the link for the currently loaded page.

for the editor, we use regex expressions to convert [ code] etc to their equivilant HTML tags

• 18 years ago

Yes,I know how to do it by asp.net with ms sql server,but I am not sure asp.net can do it like this . Thanks for your reply.

regex expressions :can you give me more about it???

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“XML is like violence - if it's not working for you, you're not using enough of it.”