Page creation

• 17 years ago

This is what I want to do, i dont know if anyone knows how to do this but i will ask. I want it so people can come to my site and create a page for them. Like I want them to enter there name, a description, and 3 pictures. When they click summit I want it to upload the pictures to my server and make a page with there description, name and pictures on it.
    So if a person named jack created a page it would create an html page named jack.html with the three pictures and the description on it.  Also it would be nice if it would check to see if the page exists and if it does tells the user to pick a different name.

• 17 years ago

rather than create a page named "jack.html", it would be much better to create a row in a database, with name as "jack", and all the other information stored in the database. then all you need is a PHP script to query the database and output the information into a page called something like people.php?person=jack

you can upload the files to a directory on your server, see the tutorial here:
    http://www.developerfusion.com/show/2892/

and then all you need do is store the URL of the image in the database, and output that into your HTML from the PHP script as well.

hope that's of some help

• 17 years ago

How would I do this, Im not really good with php, I can edit it but I cant really program it. Could someone give me all the code to do this?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance.” - Robert R. Coveyou