CREATING A LOGIN FOR MEMBERS

asp.net United States
  • 17 years ago

Hello from Pennsylvania.  I am online using the directions for creating a Members area in ASP section of the Developerfusion.com help tool.  I am a bit confussed.  This confussion could have to do with the lack of sleep that I am running on, the overwhelming overload here at work or the fact that I am new to learning ASP in general.  Although I feel that all aspects play a major role the outcome is still "huh!"  I was wondering if you could help me out?

Correct me if I am wrong:

I should have two files 1)register.asp  2) inc-dbconnection.asp

I have also created a table and database.  Table = members and the Database = testdb.mdb

Basically, I am trying to accomplish a task of putting in a subsection to a website for members to browse innercompany information: pricing...etc.  Users would have to login to gain access.  But their login information would come from the main headquarters so that only our already established Reps/Distributors can gain access.  After this is established is there a way of tracking who's on and for how long?  

Any input would help.  I look forward to your comments.  Thank you.

mjanco

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Never trust a programmer in a suit.” - Anonymous