cannot open console management

asp.net Indonesia
  • 11 years ago

hi.. alll
    i have problem with my console management (iis snap-in).
    i used iis 5.1.
    i can't open my console management. if i open it, the pop up with error always displays.
    the error:
    Microsoft Management Console

MMC cannot open the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc
    This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC. This may alse be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to reinstall my IIS, but the error still displays and IIS snap-in still not appears.
    I loggin as administrator (I use XP 2002 Version Service Pack 2)
    any body can help me?

regards
    ryuki

• 11 years ago

Is IISAdmin definitely running as a service? Apparently it needs to be running before you can open that MMC file. You might also want to check your event logs to see if that gives a clue. Exclamation [:)]

• 11 years ago

yes, it's running as service. my web application run normally.
    but when i want to manage my other web application that not used anymore, i can't do it because of this problem.
    any suggestion??

• 8 years ago

Hi Ryuki,

Did you ever get an answer to this issue. Today I suddenly got the same exact problem that you have. It is not only with IIS manager but also My computer >manage , components service in IIS and computer management is also not getting open... and throwing the same error with their associated files.

Looking ahead you support Thanks, Nitin

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.”