How does Track number works to check the status of shipment in Courier services?

• 14 years ago
    Hi all,

I need a help.

Courier services like FedEx states, "You can use Track to check the status of your shipment at any time during and after delivery. With just a few clicks, you can check status of up to 30 FedEx shipments at a time. You can enter tracking numbers for up to 30 shipments at a time. Please ensure that you enter only one tracking number per line. The Summary Results screen shows status, destination, and date and time delivery information by tracking number."

I need to know how does it works? Can you suggest me any code? Thank you.

• 14 years ago

well there's no magic DLL which psychicly knows where your parcel is, basically as the parcel is scanned in at each depo, its ID will be entered into the system and then the database table containing the info will have that depo name added to it, along with a description of whats being done (ie. "sorted at Liverpool Depo...")

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila” - Mitch Ratcliffe