Session used in another page problem

asp.net Mauritius
  • 14 years ago

Hi expert,

I'm using session variable in one page and i want to retrieve this same session in another page. For example what i'm doing is:

In frmSignup:(to take the session)

lblAge.text= intAge

Session ("Age")= lblAge.text

In frm MyInfo: (where to retrieve the session)

txtAge.text= " & session ("Age") &"

I got the blue part as error. I'm trying to read from book to do it but with your experience perhaps i'll get the solution. Please Help.

• 14 years ago

Hi Vinay,

If you want to create any new session then the syntax is:

Session.Add("SessionName", Session Value)

for eg.  Session.Add("Age", lblAge.Text)

and at other web form , you need to write the following code to retrieve its value,

i.e.  txtAge.Text = Session("Age")

This will solve your problem.

Regards,

Chital

• 14 years ago

First of all try and follow all the language syntax correctly when you are coding

If you have done so, then you need to have a look at the Types that are stored in these Session variables when you are retrieving them.

For eg in C#,

The value that you have stored in your Session variable by doing

Session["Age"] =  txtAge.Text;

would be retrieved correctly by casting it to the string type when retrieving it

lblAge.Text = (string)Session["Age"];

• 14 years ago

Hi inferano & Vinay,

I have posted answer which is syntax of VB.Net not C#.

This is for your information.

Regards,

Chital

• 14 years ago

Hi Inferno & chital,

Thanks a lot for both of you. Perhaps it was my mistake that I have not mentioned that I'm using VB codes. However Chital, I've tried your codes for the session yesterday night and found that its working perfectly. Thanks a lot.

• 14 years ago

Hi Vinay,

Anytime..............Smiley Face [:)]

Regards,

Chital

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.” - Robert Sewell