Change layout in Visual Studio 2005

• 11 years ago
    Hi,
    in order to freely move the controls in visual studio 2005 (web app) i have to right clik the control and change the style property- layout to relative.

This is very irritating as i have to do with every control.

Is there a way that i can change this option once so that any control can be dragged and positioned anywhere

yojimbo

• 11 years ago

Go to tools > options then the html editor node in the tree. You can set the option you want there.

I personally don't like the html produced by VS in this mode - I think it's better to use a xhtml & css layout.

Regards

Brin

• 11 years ago
    I think you can use skin file. Add App_Themes folder to your project and then add a theme folder and also create a SkinFile and write your style like bellow:

<asp:GridView runat="server" CellPadding="4" ForeColor="#333333" GridLines="None">
    <FooterStyle BackColor="#507CD1" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
    <RowStyle BackColor="#EFF3FB" />
    <EditRowStyle BackColor="#2461BF" />
    <SelectedRowStyle BackColor="#D1DDF1" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="#333333" />
    <PagerStyle BackColor="#2461BF" ForeColor="White" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
    <HeaderStyle BackColor="#507CD1" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" HorizontalAlign="Right" />
    <AlternatingRowStyle BackColor="White" />
    </asp:GridView>

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“God could create the world in six days because he didn't have to make it compatible with the previous version.”