Button column select!

asp.net Uganda
  • 13 years ago

Hi all,
    I have a datagrid with Button column select in form of hyperlink. On the same page, I have another datagrid that insert data and one column(Name) has Names of a user that is inserting data(using windows authentication). 
    Now this is how it's supposed to work: When any user want to see data about a particular user it's a matter of selecting his name and the data Writen by the selected user should be the only ones to be shown.
    I got some examples on Google but they all seem not to be working. When a user is selected the page remains the same data is not selected. How would can I solve this problem?
    My code looks like this:
    HTML part:
    <Columns>
    <asp:ButtonColumn HeaderText="Operations" DataTextField="TeamOperation" ButtonType="LinkButton"></asp:ButtonColumn>
    </Columns>
    and code behind:
    private void dgoperation_ItemCommand(object source, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
    {
    SqlCommand myCommand=new SqlCommand();
    myCommand.Connection=con;
    myCommand.CommandText="select * from dbo.DashBoard where Name = @Billing";     
    myCommand.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Billing",SqlDbType.VarChar,50));
    myCommand.Parameters["@Billing"].Value= dgbilling;
    SqlDataAdapter myAdapter=new SqlDataAdapter(myCommand);
    DataSet ds = new DataSet();
    myAdapter.Fill(ds);   
    dgis.DataSource=ds; 
    dgis.EditItemIndex = -1;
    dgis.DataBind();
    }

dgis: this is the datagrid that where user inserts data.
    dgbilling: this is the datagrid with the name list.
    Thanks.

• 13 years ago

hi check this url

u can find the working example witht the code of it.

http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/Default.aspx

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than in practice.”