Video Screenshot Upload Help

db , php United States
  • 10 years ago
    Hi everyone,

I am trying how to find out how to make a screenshot of the first frame of the video while uploading it. I can perfectly upload a wmv video and it plays as wmv, but is there a way while I am uploading it, it takes the first frame of the video and makes it as the default picture? Is this possible through PHP or Javascript?  I also do not want to use , and can not use, FFMPEG. Thanks Please help.

ALSO! if you could help me out with this too:

I need some help on this flash script. I am trying to let users upload their regular videos, and it automatically converts to flash and plays in a flash video player like youtube. Unforunately, my host cannot let me host ffmpeg, so how can I achieve this action without the use of FFMPEG? Also I do not want to do this manually like converting it myself and uploading it.

My friend said this in a conversation:

Is there an alternative than of FFMPEG?

Anymynous says:

php will just upload the video in the format it is in the database
    Anymynous says:

then the flash coder, will do a script to take the video selected by the php, and play it through its flash player

Can you guys help me out with this?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“A computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match” - Bill Bryson