Automated Excel Shortcut Issue - Please Help

• 13 years ago

I have developed a site for my company that allows users to log in and enter in data into an ASP.NET Wizard and I have the wizard generate an Excel file that is being saved off in a directory within my project.  Everything works fine locally but when I did the release of the project onto the server it creates shortcuts to the excel files on my root drive.  The Excel file that was created was created correctly under the inetpub/wwwroot/projectname directory, but these shortcuts are showing up on the C Drive.  Is there a way of stopping this from happening?

• 13 years ago
    like to see u r code
  • 13 years ago

After further review and searching I think it's an issue with Excel.  It is a registry issue with where excel creates shortcuts for recent files.  Do you know anything about this type of issue?

Thank you for your reply

Jerry

• 13 years ago

oh ! may be u r recent file folder path changed and  it  becomes c:\

n'way bye  have nice day

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen.” - Edward V Berard