Using PHP and IIS to Create a Discussion Forum

• 13 years ago

Hi

I've gone through the article on developerfusion.co.uk on how to use PHP and IIS to create a discussion forum and followed the instructions to install PHP and test, create the access database, add the two PHP files and then test the forum.

I can access forum.php fine and input data into node.php but when I click on 'Post Message' my inputted text disappears and nothing is written to the Access database?  I thought it may have been a permissions issue but both 'Everyone' and the 'IUSR' account have Full Control NTFS permissions to the Access database?

I've tried using both version 4 and version 5 of PHP but get the same problem?

Can you advise?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help! :)

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only two kinds of languages: the ones people complain about and the ones nobody uses” - Bjarne Stroustrup