wml support for asp.net

• 13 years ago

Hi All,

I need information about asp.net with wml (Wireless markup language). Is it possible to program asp.net for wml and test it on emulator. I tried it and my emulators (nokia and winwap) giving error messages saying "Page not available". why is this? Could anyone please tell me. its very urgent.

Thanking  you very much,

Aruna.G

• 13 years ago

Have you tried serving a very simple "Hello World" style page? It also might be that the IIS server (or ASP.NET runtime?) is failing to recognize the WAP browser or the headers from the WAP browser somehow.

You can try serving the page with a different ASP.NET web server and see if you get different results or more informative error messages; I used the one from http://www.neokernel.com for a project and it ran my ASP.NET pages without modification.

a browser that WAP

• 13 years ago

Hi ,

Thank you vey much for you reply. I have a small doubt, Should we change something else in IIS for supporting wap other than MIME type settings.

thank you very much,

Best Regards,

Aruna.G

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Anyone who considers arithmetic methods of producing random digits is, of course, in a state of sin.” - John von Neumann