Passing a URL variable onto a 3rd Page

asp.net Bulgaria
  • 13 years ago

I'm writing a program in ASP.Net with VB.Net. On my first page I display a list of Branches with a link to view all the products that branch has when the link is clicked the Branch ID is passed in the URL. And I use the Branch ID to connect to a Web Service for that branch and get all the products for that branch. The products then each have a link on my ASP page to view more details for that product:

<asp:HyperLinkField DataNavigateUrlFields="itemid,itemname" DataNavigateUrlFormatString="ProductPage.aspx?ProductNumber={0}&ProductName={1}Text="View" />

What I need to do is also pass the Branch Id again so that I can look up the product from th right branch. How do I do this?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The trouble with programmers is that you can never tell what a programmer is doing until it's too late.” - Seymour Cray