Calling a method (after specific interval of time)

ajax , asp.net Worcester, United States
  • 12 years ago

<Calling a method (after specific interval of time)> 

Hi guys

Need some real help.....
    In an asp.net web application (using vb.net) I have made a method ( method name is my_ping() ).

Now the problem is a need a loop that would call this method after every 5 minutes or after any period of time that we define, say 10minutes, 5minutes, 25 seconds whatever.

This is the main issue that how do i write such a loop (or any control statement) that would call this methjod after a specific interval of time.

Secondly, we should able to stop this loop when we press stop button or when we unload this form. (This is not that tough though.)

Anyone could help me guys...

Cheers

Harp.

• 12 years ago

Hi,

since timer is not supported by ASP.net . You will have to use ajax for this.

Refer to the link below:

http://www.kynou.com/GetTutorial.aspx?TutorialID=66

I hope this will help you.

Jeevesh Rastogi

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes.” - E. W. Dijkstra