Error while trying to access database

asp.net , db Indonesia
  • 12 years ago

Hi, all..

i'm a newbie in web programming.

I've tried to make a simple database program using ASP.Net 1.1 and VB for code behind.

I use SQL Server 2000 when i develop it, and it runs in local (the same computer with the development computer). It can run smoothly in my development computer.

When i'm trying to deploy it in a network computer, it can run smoothly to before it try to access the database but an error occurs when trying to access the database with error messages

SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) +474
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384
       AutoPartNumber.WebForm1.BtnLogIn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\inetpub\wwwroot\AutoPartNumber\FormLogin.aspx.vb:45
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1292

i use SQL Express 2005 in a different computer with the web server, i've attach the MDF & LDF file to the SQL Express. other web application with the same SQL Express, web server and different Initial Catalog can runs without any problem at all.

So is there something i missed to set, and is there any suggestion to solve my problem here?

I'm totally new in this.

Thanks before,

Daud Gunawan.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Perl - The only language that looks the same before and after RSA encryption.” - Keith Bostic