Copying a blank Database

• 12 years ago

hi all,

What I am trying to do is:

- Whenever I create a new company, a new database should be created with the companie's name. i.e. a blank database should be copied.

Regards,

Royal

• 12 years ago

Hi

Not clear what you are supposed to ask. Could you clarify a little more?

Thanks

meeram 

• 12 years ago

hi Meeram,

Overview of my web application:(its a payroll system)

- Our customer can have more than 1 company to maintain.

- To start working on the Payroll system(web application) a company has to be created, for which a CompanySetup.aspx form is provided.

- A customer can have more than 1 company.

- So whenever a company is created, I want that my database structure should be copied to a new folder(folder name should be company name/ code). so that whenever I intend to work in a particular company........I should be using the relevent database.

- Now when more than 1 company exists.........in this case the user will be prompt to select the company and after confirming the user name and password he can start working in that company.

I hope now u have an idea what I intend to do.

Regards,

Royal

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.” - Robert Sewell