Help needed with configuration of php.ini for sockets.

php Italy
  • 12 years ago

Hell all, I need help with some configurations on my php.ini file, when it comes to sockets.

I have made a multiuser socket server writen in php, and so far so good, in worked just fine, latly I've been getting some trafic on my application, and when the trafic gets big (about and around 300 users using my socket server at the same time), it all comes down and stops, no wornings or anything.

Now... I have read some where some time, but I can't find where, about an attribute in the php.ini file (my server runs apache 2 and php 4.something) that tells the php the amount of data that can be channled, and that the default for this is 2M, where I need more, since with about 250-300 users I user more then 2M of data transfer (a sec), and I think that is why my application crashes.

Any one can shed some light on this attribute and the syntax for it?

Thanks.

Yuval Lahav.

• 12 years ago

Hi there,

Are you running this on a cms like drupal or Joomla?

• 12 years ago

After talking to out tech guys, I have this answer for your question:

"NO!!"... :)

the server is clean, and empty, it's not running any sits or script, it's a new server, dedicated just to my php based application.

Hope this helps to get the right answer :)

Yuval Lahav. 

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.”