Create Dynamic Download Page...

asp.net Tanzania
  • 12 years ago

I would like to create a page the has files and asp:buttons next to them that will begin the downloading of a file when clicked.

I want to do it like any other damn aspx site except I have no clue what the heck to describe www.site.com/page.aspx?tag=value&tag=value.

This is very frustrating because I do know how to research it.  I've tried many ways and no positive results.

I'd like to specify somewhere in my web app id's and specific properties to my files and then have buttons link to these files resulting in the url being something like: www.site.com/page.aspx?id=001&filename=mytestfile.exe&tag3=val3&tag4=val4, etc.
    Please Help!

• 12 years ago

Hi,

It isn't hugely clear what you want to achieve.

Do you want a list of files froma specific directory, with a link to that file for downloading?

Or do you want to list just specific types of files?  for example, if someone is looking for .doc files, then just .doc files should be shown?

Regards

Si

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Computer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert painter” - Eric Raymond