asp.net application run from explore not from vs.net

asp.net Turkey
  • 12 years ago
    hey friends, i've problem in asp.net i've created simple default.aspx page in vs.net and i'll run it in vs.net IDE it easily run without error but if i tried it in explorer with local machine it gives error as following Server Error in '/ASPNETStepByStep' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Failed to access IIS metabase. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironmentException: Failed to access IIS metabase. The process account used to run ASP.NET must have read access to the IIS metabase (e.g. IIS://servername/W3SVC). For information on modifying metabase permissions, please see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=267904. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. please help me regards masum
  • 12 years ago

did you properly configured the web directory for your project folder?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.” - Dennis Ritchie