Asp.Net ,Problem of web site view in different browsers

ajax , asp.net Bombay, India
  • 12 years ago

Hi,

I have designed a web site in ASP.Net using AJAX ,the problem is when i brows it in IE it look as i have designed but if i brows it in Firefox then the position of controles are changes as i have set at designe tiem

• 12 years ago

It seems that your HTML has cross browser problems. If you have written some good HTML then there will be some miner cross browser problem. Recheck your HTML make it clean means it should be standard HTML should not have problems like missing closing tags etc.

• 12 years ago

Hi,

there is an excellent plug-in tool for Mozilla Firefox, called "WebDeveloper."  You could download that and analyze the rendered HTML. Also, it would be  helpful if you could post some samples of your work.

Mahmud

• 12 years ago
    Hi, for the problem, you must create theme for each web browser. Example create theme for IE and Firefox. When you create finish theme for all web browser. you must use code like this. Protected Sub Page_PreInit(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.PreInit If (Request.Browser.Browser.Equals("IE") And Request.Browser.MajorVersion >= 5) Then Page.Theme = "IE" Else Page.Theme = "Firefox" End If End Sub Don't use code above in page master. Thank you, Kimsea

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone” - Bjarne Stroustrup