The Difference between VB.Net and C#

vb.net csharp javascript html python , zope , asp.net , jquerry Johannesburg, South Africa
  • 12 years ago
    We are and company that develops software regarding the music industry ..... that calculates who gets paid what,when and where !! We need to choose between VB.Net and C# for the app but we are struggling to make the right choice I know VB.Net is easier but what is the difference between the two ??
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, check out this webpage http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308470 I think it comes down to personal choice really and what you are comfortable in.
  • 12 years ago
    A friend once described C++/C# as analogous to building a house using lego bricks. I tend to agree, I prefer VB.Net for it's easier syntax Si
  • 12 years ago
    I'd definitely say a large part of it simply comes down to what your existing skillset is. C# and VB.NET are almost identical in terms of the programming language features they offer, you can interop between assemblies written in different languages, and you can relatively easily [convert between the two](/tools/). Some people prefer the C# syntax, others VB.NET... I personally find the C# syntax much more elegant (and I came from a VB 6 background) ... but thats all it comes down to - personal choice :)

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“You can stand on the shoulders of giants OR a big enough pile of dwarfs, works either way.”