Passing textBox in asp.net function from javascript

javascript , textbox , asp.net Malmö, Sweden
  • 10 years ago
    Hello, I would like to know how I can pass a TextBox.Text to a javascript function. This function formats a number as "currency" I try with this: txtBelopp.Attributes.Add("OnBlur","javascript:formatCurrency('txtBelopp').Text"); But doesn't work.
  • 10 years ago
    Hi, You would use this.value so, javascript:formatCurrency(this.value); Regards Si
  • 10 years ago
    Yes, it seems work but cannot verufy that because I cannot receive the "return" value. I try with this: jscript.Append("document.getElementById('txtBelopp').value =(((sign)?'':'-') + '$' + num + '.' + cents);\n"); But it says: document.getElementById() is NULL OR NOT an OBJECT !!!
  • 10 years ago
    Hi, The getElementById won't work for the textbox like that because the ID gets changed by the asp.net output. Use something like document.getElementById('<%# txtBelopp.clientid %>'); regards Si
  • 10 years ago
    Si, thank you for your answers but it isnot working. I got the same error message: NULL or not an Object Here is the function if you have more time to spend with this: jscript.Append("\n"); Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "AleformatScript", jscript.ToString());
  • 10 years ago
    Hi, Sorry, i thought the script was in the aspx page. Replace the getElementByIDs for this one jscript.Append("document.getElementById('" & txtBelopp.clientid & "').value =(((sign)?'':'-') + '$' + num + '.' + cents);\n"); HTH Si
  • 10 years ago
    THANK YOU!!!! It works now. I only changed ('" & txtBelopp.clientid & "') by ('" **+** txtBelopp.Client**ID** **+** "') once again Thank you! Regards Ale
  • 10 years ago
    Sorry, my bad, didnt notice it was C# you were using. Glad you have got it sorted. Si

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.”