Workflow ending in slow environment Asp.net

windows workflow , asp.net , microsoft Coventry, United Kingdom
  • 12 years ago
    Hi, I have a problem in my workflow where the workflow ends when its running in a slow environment. Its a state machine workflow using xoml files. My problem is the following: The client has been facing problems were the workflow ends prematurely. This occurs at random times. After looking into this I found that everytime I debug the application and step through the code the overriden method Cancel of Activity class is entered, hence the workflow ends. When I run the application normally it works fine. So my thinking is when the workflow is ran under a slow environment it somehow enters the Cancel method. Further, I added some Thread.Sleep snippets in the code and ran the app. Again the workflow ends when it shouldn't. So my thinking is when the workflow is ran under a slow environment it somehow enters the Cancel method. Why this happens I do not know. The code was taken from the following sample http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A438A9B9-9F15-42EC-866F-2EA58E10DB36&displaylang=en Does anyone know why it ends? or how I can find out why the Cancel method is entered?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debuggers don't remove bugs. They only show them in slow motion.”