VWD 2005 EXPRESS & SQL Server

asp.net , vwd2005 , sql server 2000 United States
  • 12 years ago
    Hello All, I am using VWD 2005 Express Edition and Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (Not the Express Edition). Everything works fine, I am connecting to the Database. I've done a couple of "default.aspx" pages connecting them to the database and they work fine. When I call the **Web Site Administration Tool** and hit SECURITY, I get the following error: ......There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store. The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)..... Notes: 1) Although the error says ....When connecting to SQL Server 2005.....I am using SQL Server 2000 2) I have no problem connecting my pages to the database. The problem only occurs in the SECURITY of the Web Site Administration Tool. Any ideas? Rgds Pati 2005

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Perl - The only language that looks the same before and after RSA encryption.” - Keith Bostic