ASP.NET Windows Authentication WITH Login-Dialog

asp.net , windows , authentication , login dialog Vienna, Austria
  • 11 years ago

Dear authentication-gurus, I am developing an asp.net-application for hospitals where the pc-users can be either fully qualified (one special doctor, one special nurse) or "generic" - for instance terminals where nurses take turns in using the internet-applications and have very limited rights.

The "fully qualified" users should be allowed to start the application right away --> windows authentication - that is what we have now.

The "generic" type of users should need to login with a fully qualified user when using my application. This fully qualified user = person should be used to log the activities.

Can someone please tell me how to show a login dialog just to the generic users and turn them into qualified ones? I can recognize them from a lack of additional needed data but until now fail to authenticate them.

Any kind of help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debugging is anticipated with distaste, performed with reluctance, and bragged about forever.” - Dan Kaminsky