Annoying problem administration tool

asp.net , provider , configuration , roles Antwerp, Belgium
  • 11 years ago

I work in a hospital and I am working on a local website which allows certain data te be shown, now i want to create a login but I have a very annoying problem. I have been looking all over the place but there are very few reasonable solutions.

Allow me to situate: I have a testsite in asp.net, created in visual studio 2008, so it’s a very simple page with some text where I want to log in First. I changed the authentication mode in my web.config to “Forms”. So I could run the asp.net configuration tool, here was my First problem. I couldn’t even add users, it said something about provider problems. After some research i was told that i should run “aspnet_regsl” to create databases for this. I use sql server 2005, i saw here that a database “aspnetdb” was created. I tried my toolbox again, but with no result. I then heard from some people that i should change my connection string to:

I have seen a lot of examples where this wasn’t needed, so I don’t quite understand why this had to be done with me, so I’m also not sure if this is the correct solution. Does this ahve something to do with me using sql server and not expres? Anyway I was able to add users. So I added 2, hoewever I also needed roles, but this gave me an error again, I added the following line in my web.config:

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone” - Bjarne Stroustrup