ABCpdf.NET - Rendering HTML to a PDF

csharp.net , vb.net , asp.net Sātāra, India
  • 11 years ago

Hi! I'm trying to use ABCpdf.NET to render an HTML page as a PDF. I'm using the AddImageUrl function which works fine on my local machine, but when I run it on the host server I get the following error:Unable to render HTML. Page load timed out. Unable to load page.Has anybody encountered this?

• 11 years ago

From their support pages

The typical reason a timeout is reported is because a page takes too long to load. ABCpdf expects a page to finish loading within 15 seconds. If it doesn't it will time out. So... hardwire your URL into the code so you're sure it's correct. Open the same URL in IE. How long is your page taking to load when you view it in IE? Assuming it takes longer than 15 seconds you need to adjust the timeout - see the HtmlOptions.Timeout property. Don't make the timeout too high - keep it realistic. If you set a HtmlOptions.Timeout value of ten minutes and a HtmlOptions.RetryCount of 5 then you are telling ABCpdf that it can spend up to an hour trying to get the page. If this happens, to all intents and purposes it will look as if the process has hung.

Hope that helps, your best to talk to WebSupergoo about their products!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.” - Robert Sewell