virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

web development , csharp programming , asp.net Philippines
  • 11 years ago

Im new to asp.net c#. I encounter errors while running a subfolder on my web server which my test folder is located, the errors are: Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error: Line 24: ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. Line 25 Line 26: authentication mode=None Line 27: customErrors mode=Off Line 28: with tags on the authentication and custom errors any suggestions I would greatly appriciate..Thank you

• 11 years ago

Im new to asp.net c#. I encounter errors while running a subfolder on my web server which my test folder is located, the errors are: < Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error: Line 24: ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. Line 25 Line 26: authentication mode=None Line 27: customErrors mode=Off Line 28: with tags on the authentication and custom errors any suggestions I would greatly appriciate..Thank you

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“God could create the world in six days because he didn't have to make it compatible with the previous version.”