stop executing script...

• 18 years ago

---some code---
    if ($bla != "bla")
      echo "something";
      //and how to make the script to go to last line, not die(), brake doesn't work too, and not to execute nothing after this line ???
    ---some more code---

• 18 years ago

just to get this straight, you want to continue executing code, but from further down the page?

try using { and } to start and end the IF statements otherwise you can only have one line of code after the If statement,

• 18 years ago

you could try

exit;

(i think that's it, anyway...)

• 18 years ago

exit would stop all code after it from working.
    i think in order for break to work, it must but within {}'s (curley brackets).
    i have just tried this, and found that you can use {} to mark any code (without a control structure) and use break to exit it if required.  for example:

Code:

{
       echo "start, "
       $retval = true;
       if ($ret
    val)
           break;  
       echo "i never get printed, ";
     }
     echo "end";

this will produce "start, end" as it will always break out of the {}'s at the iff statement.
    you can also have the {}'s nested several times, and use break 2; (or another number) to break out of the specified number of {}'s.

I probably haven't explained it very well, but you should be able to play around and get it working.

• 18 years ago

look:

some code here
    some code here

if (id == 1) {
     some code here
     some code here
     //maybe  gogo END, and how to do that.. ???
    } else {
     some code here
     some code here
    }

// and the code at the bottom should not be executed....
    some code here
    some code here
    some code here

• 18 years ago

did you try the

exit;

or

return;

statement???

• 18 years ago

ay, exit shoud be the one.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot” - Rich Julius