ASP debugging

asp.net United States
  • 18 years ago

I have a problem that is really getting on my nerve!
    I have IIS on 2000 professional..I have ASP.NET..VS.NET..
    I have 2 accounts on the computer..Administrator and User1 from Domain Dmn1..
    When I log on as Admin I can create a project and debug it smoothly.
    when I log on as Dmn1/User1 I can create an ASP application but CAN NOT debug it!!!!!!!!...it says "Can not start debugging on server... Access is denied"
    well DMn1/User1 IS A MEMBER OF VS developers group and DEBUGGER USERS group!!!...it also has FULL control on C:\InetPub...what else should I check??...
    I really need help!!..
    oh..one more thing to mention...when I add Dmn1/User1 to Administrators group everything works fine!..BUT I DONT WANT TO DO THAT!!!..
    Thanks In advance ppl..

• 18 years ago

I would start playing around with your machine.config file.  Try modifying the <authorization> or <securityPolicy> element.  When you have modified the file, reboot to let the changes take effect. (I couldn't figure out another way for the new machine.config file to take effect)

• 18 years ago

well..
    I dug the whole web for a solution for that problem and it just seems that U MUST have administrative rights to debug ASP.NET process on ur machine!!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The trouble with programmers is that you can never tell what a programmer is doing until it's too late.” - Seymour Cray