Classic ASP and ASP.NET

asp.net United States
  • 18 years ago

Can classic ASP and ASP.NET run in the same web site?  For example, an ASPX post to an ASP page and Visa Versa?

My issue is, I have a third party upload control that has a working progress bar.  The problem is that the progress bar doesn't work with ASPX pages so I need to keep all the upload functionality in classic ASP, but I have the rest of the site already ported to ASP.NET (I did back up the site before converting it so I can revert back pretty easily if need be).

• 18 years ago

Theres no reason why it shouldn't work - iis decides what process to send the request to depending on the file extension - asp, aspx etc.
    What is posted to a page has to be a valid request no matter what technology you are using so posting to asp from aspx should work fine.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.” - Brian Kernighan