Deployment Problems in ASP.NET

asp.net United States
  • 18 years ago

I searched through the other posts and did not find anything like this. Anyway, my ASP.NET web application was developed in Visual Studio.NET and runs fine on the local machine. However, after I deploy (whether it be xcopy or using a setup.exe) onto a server, I cannot seem to read session variable values. I have followed all the tutorials to the letter. Deploying to a machine running Windows 2000, Dot Net framework and IIS 5.0. I can hit the application and run the features that dont store or retrieve session variable values (like Registration say), but say once I log in, I store the user name in a session variable and use it to refesh the top banner containing links. That never happens so it always seems like I never logged in.
    Any help is greatly appreciated? Is there something wrong with my server configuration? Thanks!

BTW, the Visual Studio deployment also sets up the virtual dir on the server as an IIS application.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Memory is like an orgasm. It's a lot better if you don't have to fake it.” - Seymour Cray