oops!

vb6 Kuwait
  • 18 years ago

try using the GetSystemDirectory API...the docs are in MSDN. this should return the appropriate system directory applicable to the target operating system.

dunno if this info would suffice, but i hope that it may be a bit useful.

• 18 years ago

oooops....sorry i forgot to mention that you just had to convert the API example into its VB equivalent thru the Declare statement....my apologies.

• 18 years ago

you know developerfusion does have some darn nice people that have written about this topic already if you didnt know... take a look at this nutcase's article:
    http://www.developerfusion.com/show/2561/

I mean sure he may not look all that attractive, but then again, isnt programming what its all about?

• 18 years ago

There is also an API specifically for this purpose. ShGetSpecialFolderLocation will return the path to the folders you mentioned very easily.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance.” - Robert R. Coveyou