OCX Control: TextBox w/ Line Numbers?

vb6 Canada
  • 19 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any OCX controls that are RichTextBox-like controls but with line numbers on them (as featured in great programs like HomeSite or that new Developers Pad)? Or is there anyway I can do it myselft?

Thanks for all your help.

• 19 years ago

Well... you can take a look at the source code for Developers Pad ;-) The line numbering in Developers Pad came from http://www.vbaccelerator.com

• 19 years ago

Thank you very much for the link. I downloaded both ssubtmr6.dll files and the textboxex files. I'm just extremely confused as how I use the files (both the DLLs and the TextBoxEx) because I've never worked with DLLs before and I couldn't find any OCX files in the TextBoxEx package. Can someone please help me?

Thanks for all your help so far.

• 19 years ago

You probably downloaded the source code-only version. In which case, open your VB project then go to File | Add Project and add the TextBoxEx project... you can then use the control in your project, and compile the OCX file.

• 19 years ago

OK, I tried what you said and to add the project to my project and compile it as an OCX control. First I tried to compile but it told me that it had to be 'Public' (or something) so I went it made the user control public but after that my Visual Basic always freezes ('Not Responding' in the Close Program window) so I have to 'End Task' the program. Any suggestions?

• 19 years ago

Try simply pressing F5 after you have added the project.... will it run then? (without going to File|Make xxx.ocx)

• 19 years ago

Thank you again for replying.

Well, I did try pressing F5 but it still freezes. I don't know what the problem is. I can't believe I'm going through so much trouble for a simple OCX control. Does anyone have a copy they can send me?

• 19 years ago

I don't get it either... sorry I can't help any more... :-(

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“You can stand on the shoulders of giants OR a big enough pile of dwarfs, works either way.”