Convert Word document to PDF from vb

• 16 years ago

hai,
    anybody know how to convert a word documet to PDF without adobe acrobat disteller from vb.kindly let me.

Thanks in advance to all

• 16 years ago

Just add a word document object, open the file and send it to the PDF printer (virtual printer).

• 16 years ago

Hai darius,
     Thanks alot to ur immediate response. I can't get clearly.can u explain with an example?. what do u mean virtual printer.
     Thanks in advance

• 16 years ago
    I think he didn't see the without distiller part.

That being said, there are ways to do it for free, but these workarounds are not quite as elegant as just printing to distiller, nor are they quite as easy to script with VB.
  • 16 years ago

Sorry Jon, I take it for granted, you can use an activex to create the pdf, with (like distiller) or without pay (or donate if you like to the project)
    PDF Creator is free and is a project from Open Source. http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

And it's as easy as using the distiller.

gpmani, If you install the pdf Creator is as easy as printing to any printer (and really it's the same), to make a pdf most of the programs use a printer driver as intetfase and insteed of sending to a "real printer" the data is send to a "virtual printer".

The pdf creator uses the poscript printer driver from Gost View (included and GNU) to send the data tru the printer object to the file. It also came with examples in VB.

• 16 years ago

PDFCreator looks pretty similar to the other solution, although a little more integrated. Glad to see there is more than one way to skin that cat.

• 16 years ago

hal all,
    thanks alot to everybody.my pbm is , i'm generating a word document using mailmerge from vb. i want convert that doc into a pdf docuement using code in vb.is it possible?.B'caz i don't know my customer has acrobat disteller.
    now i hope u understand my pbm.

thanks in advance.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.”