Converting to Hex URGENT

• 19 years ago

From Vb i want to Convert   the string "USA001"  into Hexadeximal form.

Pls gave me idea

thanks

Dhinakaran

• 19 years ago

Strings cannot be stored in hexadecimal form! Hexadecimal can only store numbers. If you wanted to store a string in Hex, you'd have to convert all the characters to their ascii codes first

• 19 years ago

how to get the ascii  value of a character

• 19 years ago

how to get the ascii  value of a character

• 19 years ago

here is how to convert a string to hex using ascii conversion first:

Hex(Asc(sString))

• 19 years ago

Note that Asc("thestring") will only return the character code for the first letter, ie t .... you would need to loop through the whole lot to get all their ascii code. Storing a string in hex format is very inefficient...!

• 19 years ago

Err yeah sorry I forgot to mention that.  It was late last night  =]   If you are looking to just do an encryption, my suggestion would be to keep the characters of the string each in single ascii characters.  Just use a complicated equation to calculate the method.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.” - Robert Sewell